Oatmeal cookies are my favorite and this is the absolute best recipe I’ve tried. So, I found this recipe online from a food blog that I love and follow, called Lovin’ From the Oven. I did adjust the recipe a tinsy bit. The original calls for cocoa and toffee bits which I didn’t have regardless they turned out great. I have not been able to stop eating them all week.
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder – i’m not a big chocolate fan, so I always leave this out.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup toffee bits
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Whisk together oatmeal, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
In the bowl of stand mixer cream butter and sugars until pale and fluffy (5 mins) and add eggs and vanilla until just combined. Add oat mixture and mix until just combined. Stir in walnuts and toffee.
Scoop onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-13 minutes, depending on the size of your cookies. Let cookies cool on sheet for five minutes and transfer to wire racks to cool completely.